Thursday, July 7, 2011

Decorating a dining room organically

Decorating Organically


When my husband and I moved out for the first time, we needed every thing.  This was the table and chairs that I bought. They were $150, and it was good at the time, but my style has developed a little bit.


I've turned into a leg woman.  I love leggy tables. Skinny legs disgust me.  I'm only half kidding about this.  So I gave my sister the table to use in her craft room, and sold the chairs for $2 each at my garage sale. And bought this table and chairs on craigslist.  It was $150, but we got it for $100


I painted it and then lived with it for a little while


These chairs have not been properly painted. Months have gone by, and they have just a light spray painted layer on them.  I believe there was snow on the ground when I did it outside. I have had playdates, and dinners with family and friends, and still they have not been painted.  The thing is, I didnt know if I wanted to keep them, paint them a different color or just paint them


I got this new rug from Pottery Barn, it was on sale and it was $242 with shipping. I added those cushions in the meantime to make them a little more comfortable. And then I found those wicker chairs at a thrift store for $5 each, not only was it a good deal, but they were exactly what I was looking for.



And then I fell in love with these chairs





There is something very special about the wood or shabby chic look with the very industrial chairs. So I've wanted these silver chairs for months now, with no luck.
Then I found these on Overstock about 2 months ago.  They had them in black, white and silver.  The black wouldnt go with my room.  The red was like cherry red and would be too much.  And the table is cream, so I didnt think the white chairs would be right.  We thought of maybe buying the white ones and spray painting them silver, but at $200 if it didnt work I'd be really upset.

And then today, where patience meets organic decorating. Overstock is now making the silver chairs.  I bought 4 silver chairs for $198 and $3 for shipping.  I am so excited

View in Room

These are the pottery barn chairs, they are $245 each and they discount it by $80 when you are buying 4, so you get them for $900.  These chairs are beautiful, but just not in my budget.

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the cushions for the 4 white chairs? Did you make them or buy them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought the, at Christmas tree shops. I'm not using them anymore though, I have the new chairs now from overstock. Wish you lived close by, I could sell them to you : ) have a nice day!

      Delete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.