Thursday, January 26, 2012

Completed Gallery Wall


This is how it looked last time we talked about my little gallery wall


I had some frames. I bought from Walmart. They were like a light goldish color


I added some of my sophisticated finishing in pewter to some of the frames. I wanted some of them to appear darker, I really like gallery walls where there is a mix of metals.


And this is the finished product


Since I was born in Scotland and I live in the USA now, I really wanted a lot of maps in our bedroom. I think its amazing that we came all this way and I found my husband. We joke about being soul mates, but I wonder how I found him and the magic behind it all.


All the pictures are black and white, and I love the bolder black images, I think it adds a nice touch. The little brown and cream picture with the tree is actually our thank you card from our wedding, and it says our last name in the corner, which just made me giddy to have my name be his last name.



The white frames are a mix of Ikea and Walmart. In this picture you can really tell the difference in the gold frames





I'm not super sentimental, but the top white frame on the left holds our first date mini golf ticket. I scored a hole in one on our first shot, he thought I played golf or something. In any case he remembers being impressed. He also remembers what I was wearing..so that says something.


And this is the view from our bed.


Maybe in time I'll add more to it, but right now I'm really happy with it. All the art came from a vintage book about boats, so that cost $0, and the frames I've been collecting little by little. But they were also really cheap. And the paint I had on hand, its the same paint that I used on myheadboard


Hope you like it! Does it make you want to start on your next gallery wall?

I link up here

16 comments:

  1. I adore the gallery but I think the art on the dresser/bureau clashes with the gallery. In my opinion the gallery pictures over the dresser/bureau would have showcased the gallery pictures better. Maybe the art and the gallery together are too much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your opinion, I really like the mixed metals, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. Thanks for stopping by : )

      Delete
  2. it looks great! i don't think it clashes- i think the artwork ties into the ikea boxes, and i think the artwork colors pop because of the chair. i do think maybe a different frame or painting the frame of the artwork might tie it in better, but honeslty i don't think it really matters because the look is eclectic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! That chair is the bomb...that pop of crusty aqua against the dove gray walls is gorgeous. Good eye!

    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! It's the perfect spot for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the mixed metals, and how sweet is the reminder of your first date! love that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. I love decor items that have memories and make me happy when I look at them! Great job!
    Sherry's Bees Nest

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wall turned out great! Like you I have just recently started to mix finishes and love the result! Wonderful job!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! Its fantastic - love the frames. Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my huge gallery wall lol xxx Nat
    http://northshoredays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also think it looks great with the large picture - I love the whole off set idea; and you're utilising the whole wall, not just one section of it. Love what's IN the frames as well. Lovely job Jen

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! Especially the mixed frames, the silvery ones are my faves! And how clever to use those boat book pages!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love all of it. The gallery wall. All those sentimental framed mementos of your relationship framed and hanging in your bedroom. That chair is awesome and those bins ....

    Such a lovely corner vignette and thanks for sharing ...

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love maps, too! My brother-in-law just bought his first home last summer, and in the basement family room, the previous owners had put up a GIGANTIC world map-wallpaper. He (brother-in-law) has yet to take it down, and I love going over there and just looking at it. (That sounds nerdy.)

    PS- I am tagging you in a post tomorrow, check it out and join in, if you'd like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've always loved gallery walls! The mix of frames gives it so much character. Thanks for sharing! ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks wonderful! I love the mix of colors for the gallery wall. And that teal chair? Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely work! I sighed an audible "awwww" when I heard that you framed the mini-golf ticket from the first date. Too cute. And I adore that turquoise chair there. Great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your support, I always comment back or send follow up emails. Don't forget to become a follower if you havent already.